Dear Registered Architects,
Invitation for Nomination of Registered Architects to
Minor Works Contractors Registration Committee Panel and
Minor Works Contractors Registration Committee (MWCRC)
under the Buildings Ordinance
Architects Registration Board, HKSAR (“ARB”), is invited by the Buildings Department (“BD”) to nominate 7 Registered Architects (“RAs”) for appointment to the captioned Panel and Committee for consideration who will assist the Chief Officer / Technical Services from Building Authority in considering applications for registration as registered minor works contractors (RMWC). The tenure for appointment will be 2 years commencing 1 January 2023.
The functions and terms of reference of the MWCRC are listed in Appendix A for your reference.
Criteria as set by the BD
The nominees should satisfy the following criteria:
a. MUST be an Authorized Person;
b. Must NOT be a member of the Authorized Persons’, Registered Structural Engineers’ and Registered Geotechnical Engineers’ Disciplinary Board Panel or the Registered Contractors’ Disciplinary Board Panel;
c. Should NOT be serving more than 6 government boards or committees concurrently (including the proposed nomination to serve in the Contractors Registration Committees for Registered General Building Contractors, Registered Specialist Contractors and/or MWCRC);
d. Should NOT be a member who would have served in the MWCRC Panel for more than 4 years cumulatively through a life span as of 31 December 2022;
e. Must be able to speak and understand both Chinese and English;
f. Should be available for attending MWCRC meetings which may be held around 1 session per month;
g. Should NOT be a government officer;
h. Female nominees are welcome; and
i. Younger person where appropriate is preferred
ARB regards that MWCRC is an important external representation and prefers the nominees to possess at least 15-year RA and AP experiences.
Points to Note
1. ARB would consider gender balance in participation and contribution to community service as suggested by the Buildings Department.
2. Honorariums will be given to attending MWCRC members. These are taxable income and are reflected in the annual tax return to Inland Revenue Department.
3. Reference should be made to the guidelines on declaration of interests by MWCRC members as recommended by ICAC. Please refer to Appendix B for details.
4. MWCRCs are public bodies under the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance (PBO). MWCRC members are therefore public servants and have to abide by the relevant clauses in the PBO.
5. For undertakings by members of MWCRC Panel and MWCRC, please refer to Appendix C for details.
6. The BD may disclose to the public, without necessarily obtaining consent from MWCRC members, information about the appointed members and meetings. Please refer to Appendix D for details. Upon appointment, the Secretary of Home Affairs will invite members to provide their personal particulars to the Central Personality Index database.
Expression of Interest of Being Nominated
For the RA who would like to put forward his/her nomination, please provide the following documents to ARB for consideration by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00pm on 9 September 2022:
• An up-to-date CV;
• BD’s designated curriculum vitae form at Appendix E; and
• ARB’s designated declaration and nomination form (Reply Form) at Appendix F
Thank you for your kind attention.
Enc: Appendix A, B, C, D, E and F