Thank you for using RA Area – ARB’s online platform for Registered Architects.
The services provided by online platform (the “Services”) that you are about to use is suitable to you if you are a current Registered Architect (RA).
The Architects Registration Board (ARB) reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time and informs you of any modifications in a manner of our choosing, including sending you a notification email or by a notice published on the website, which you should review periodically.Continued use of the Services provided on the online platform constitutes acceptance of any change or policy.
The online platform is designed exclusively for RAs. RAs shall not reveal their own login email address and password to other individuals.
Use of Services
1. The services of the online platform is made available to you for your personal use only. Any commercial or business use of the Services is not allowed. The Services must not be shared with, used by, or transferred, assigned or sold to another party. You must notify ARB immediately of any unauthorized use of which you become aware.
Payment and Refund Policy
2. You can choose to settle your payment online or offline. For online payment, it is processed via the chosen payment gateway of this online platform. For offline payment (e.g. pay by cheque), please complete the transaction and get ready a screen shot of the transaction as payment proof for evidence upload before you start the online application.
3. All payments made are non-refundable unless for exceptional case under which the applicant or RA will be notified on the reason and the arrangements separately.
Privacy and Security
4. ARB is committed to safeguarding your privacy and will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your permission and according to the Architects Registration Ordinance (ARO) (Cap. 408).
Termination or Modification of Services
5. The Services of this online platform will be terminated should you cease to be a RA.
6. You may also terminate the Services by giving a written notice to ARB via email or conventional mail.
7. ARB reserves all rights at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services of the online platform with or without notice.
8. ARB shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services of the online platform.
Disclaimer and Liability
9. ARB will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Services in a fully operating condition. However, ARB cannot guarantee that the Services will meet your requirements and makes no warranty that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
10. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and without warranty of any kind. ARB makes no warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Services.
11. In no event shall ARB, in so far as permitted by law, have any legal liability or responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, damage which may result, directly or indirectly, from the use of or any failure, unauthorised access or delay to use the Services, or any material available in connection therewith, or any action taken as a result of using the Services, or the performance or non-performance of any internet service provider in connection with the Services.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold ARB harmless from any claim or demand,including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the use of the Services by or with you, the violation of these terms and conditions by you, or the infringement by you or any other user of the Service using your computer, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Services or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Services more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
14. Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.